How do I qualify?
Most people who do not own a property are eligible to apply for shared-ownership with Newlon Housing Trust.
Priority is given to public sector tenants, residents in the borough where the property is located and to those nominated by the local authority. Generally, you should fall in one of the following categories:
- Local Authority and Housing Association tenants who will move out of their rented home if they get a shared ownership home.
- First time buyers, people living with parents or relatives, people living in private rented accommodation, people who need to move for work reasons and homeless people or people living in temporary accommodation.
- The schemes are available to people who cannot afford to buy a suitable home on the open market
- You will need at least £4,000 savings to cover the cost of the mortgage valuation or survey, the legal fees and stamp duty (where applicable)
- Newlon welcomes interest from all first time buyers earning up to
£66,000 (as a household income) for all of our properties.